Sensors generating moving images for an observer can be seen on more and more platforms. A
typical example is EO/IR sensors on aerial reconnaissance systems. However, how fit is the system to
generate video of sufficient quality for a given task?
At Imint, we are determined to help you answer this question. With our expertise in analysis of video stream and our background in aerial surveillance systems, we have developed the VISQA® software test tool, and an associated test methodology, to help you determine how well your video capturing system performs under operation. You can read more on the problem domain of aerial ISR video here
Follow our suggested test procedures, and VISQA will analyze the received video stream, and output clear and objective metrics for a number of parameters affecting visual experience and human perception ability.
Key Features :
- Cost- and time efficient; test procedure is quick and straight forward
- Whole system and all components in the video capture chain tested in one go
- Objective, quantifiable and reproducible result
- Adapted for testing factors relevant to human perception of moving images
- Ultimate test of fitness for surveillance and reconnaissance purpose for video capturing systems.
more about full motion video quality, quality assessment, and why
measuring overall system performance in real-life operation is important
VISQA extracts vision quality metrics from a video stream related to human perception.
Example customers :
- The government agency defining requirement for new video capturing ISTAR assets.
- The system integrators for UAV or other aerial surveillance systems (determining own system performance, or in the component selection process)
- Component providers of payloads (sensors and gimbals) and data link / video transmission equipment
- Airframe or UAV construction engineers (in identifying construction weak spots)
- Users of aerial ISR systems (identifying current capabilities, and defining objective requirements for future capabilities)
Bofors Test Center is an approved and recommended test facility to perform your field tests with VISQA. Please visit them here .